there’s no question that dogs are man’s best friend. Dog’s, in turn love their owners unconditionally, they welcome us when we come home and are the best companion that many humans have. In the U.S., there are currently 89.7 million dogs.
Each year, the American Kennel Club (AKC) releases their list of the most popular breeds, and it is interesting to see how American’s most desirable dogs have changed very little in the last 10 years.
Top Breeds in 2009 vs. 2019:
Our taste in many things change, but when you compare the list of top dogs in 2009 compared to 2019, there has been very little change.
Here is the list of top five dogs from 2009:
1. The Labrador Retriever has been in the top five favorite dog list a number of times. They are athletic and great for families that have young children.
2. Yorkshire Terriers took the 2nd spot in 2009; these tiny dogs have big personalities, energetic and loyal.
3. German Shepherds are popular due to their strength and ease of training, making them a desirable choice for military law enforcement as well as pets for families with kids.
4. Golden Retrievers are loyal, friendly and very gentle with children. They love water and are great companions.
5. Beagles come in at the number 5 position. They are friendly, loving and is gentle toward children.
Now here’s the list of the top dogs from the 2019 list:
1. Again, the number one position belongs to the Labrador Retriever. They have placed as one of the top dogs for decades. Their gentleness and loving personality promise they will continue to place in years to come.
2. The German Shepherd has been elevated to the number two spot. With proper training, they can be taught tracking, sniffing and guarding skills.
3. The Golden Retriever has been elevated from the number four spot in 2009 to the number three spot in 2019. This is because of their dedication to heir human parents and playful nature.
4. New to the list is the French Bull Dog. The French Bull Dog has gained in popularity because they can often pick up on human emotions and are very kind and loving to their humans.
5. Beagles are once gain in the fifth position. They are a favorable size, around 15-inches tall, positioning them between the small- to medium-sized category. They befriend humans and other pets alike.
Human’s not Afraid to Spend Money of Their Furry Friends:
Human’s love to pamper their pets. Some lavish their dogs with spa treatments, clothing and dog beds —including special holiday outfits, trampolines, special “homes” and gourmet foods. According to the American Pet Products Association, in the U.S. pet owners spent 69.51 billion in 2017 on products for their pets. That amount is expected to increase to $75.38 in 2019, with the most money expected to go towards food at $31.68%.
Pet’s Beneficial to Our Health:
Pet’s are not only the subject of our affections; their presence has a positive affect on our lives. The CDC states that in general, pets can help increase physical activity and lower stress . More specifically, they can:
• Decrease blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides and loneliness
• Increase socialization and outdoor activities
While we love our top five dog breeds, many of us love our mixed mutts as much as AKC certified dogs in other countries the people prefer other dog breeds (see this german article for example: Wauwaubetten.de). Whatever type of dog breed you choose, you can pretty much guarantee that you will be rewarded with love.
A Himalayan salt lamp is basically a large chunk of Himalayan Pink Salt with small bulbs installed in them. They work like a campfire, emitting a warm glow to create a relaxing and soothing environment. They are incredibly attractive and can even function as a great lighting installation for your home.
However, little do people know, these salt lamps also actually offer therapeutic benefits for its users. In particular, they help neutralizes EMF radiation while also preventing the loss of melatonin. The most common symptoms of low melatonin levels include insomnia, irritability, Lethargy, extreme fatigue, and migraines.
Readers have to understand how groundbreaking this is as numerous clinical studies have shown that reduced melatonin levels can easily lead to cancer. At the same time, it is also worth noting that EMF radiations from various electronic gadgets like TVs, PCs, smartphones, and tablets can significantly lower melatonin levels. As such, the regular use of Himalayan Salt Lamp Therapy essentially solves these two problems at once.
We highly recommend that you get one of these Himalayan Salt Lamps for your home to see the benefits yourself.
You can never really go wrong with adding some plants to your home. They serve as great pieces of décor, adding beautiful colors and life into the space. Moreover, they also bring a couple of health benefits by purifying the air and increasing the oxygen levels in your home.
Indoor Herb Garden
Making a kitchen herb garden is one of the most practical ways to add plants to your home. You can place them right on your windowsill to ensure that they get all the sunlight they need. The best thing about herbs is that they are both gorgeous and incredibly useful. Moreover, they are very easy to maintain as most herbs grow like weeds – flourishing even in the harshest conditions.
Make sure to add kitchen basics like cilantro, parsley, basil, and oregano to your garden.
Glass terrariums come in all manner of shapes and sizes. They also make for great focal points when placed in any room. You can go crazy with your theme and personalize it as you see fit. Just make sure to choose plants which thrive in high humidity such as African violets.
Presented here are a couple of ways for you to add some green to your home.
Traveling to new places is always an exciting affair. After all, the point of traveling is to get new experiences and see new sights. Yet, it can easily turn expensive, even disastrous, if you are not careful. Even the most minor of mistakes can easily lead to problems on the road.
This article seeks to help you avoid such predicaments by presenting a couple of easy-to-follow travel tips to make your vacation more fun and enjoyable.
Preparing for the Trip
Before embarking on your trip, you have to ensure that you have everything you need. To make sure that you do not miss anything, we recommend that you make a list of the essentials. This should include everything from your essential documents to the clothes you will be wearing. Pro Tip: Get a tracking tile for your luggage, so you can keep track of it via Bluetooth.
Another important way to prepare for your trip is to familiarize yourself with the culture beforehand. For instance, you can learn some of the commonly used phrases of the local language. While you may not be able to hold a conversation yet, a simple “thank you” and “please” would certainly go a long way.
As a general rule, you should always buy travel insurance. This should serve you well in case something unpredictable happens. Keep in mind that a medical emergency can easily wipe out your savings. Think of it this way: the cost of an insurance policy is but a fraction of the possible costs you might incur at the hospital.
Speaking of medical emergencies, you should always pack your own First Aid Kit whenever you travel. After all, not all medical emergencies warrant a trip to the hospital. For instance, you may find yourself in need of painkillers when that jetlag starts to set in.
These are just some of the things you can do whenever you travel. Just keep in mind that you should always be flexible and leave room for spontaneity on these trips. This mindset guarantees that you will have fun regardless of the situation. After all, minor snags and delays can always take you by surprise. That way, you can always take things in stride and keep a level head.
Welcome to Brooklyn’s HOK Blog
Brooklyn’s House of Kulture Blog, as the name suggests, provides readers with the sharp insights on the latest cultural trends and pop culture developments. We will give you the breakdown on the latest news to hit wires so that you can stay on top of it.